The Office de Tourisme Grand Carcassonne, or Greater Carcassonne Tourist Information Office, is a community structure, serving 82 towns and villages and over 1000 partners
- A steering committee, made up of elected individuals and tourism professionals
- A team of 9 permanent staff, 6 languages spoken
- A contact: for service providers, institutional partners, project leaders, and the national, regional and départemental Tourist Information Offices
TO WELCOME AND MANAGE INFORMATION
- Collect, sort and prioritise tourist information with the Tourinsoft computer program
- Welcome in person, on the phone, in writing and virtually
- Facilitate holidays and to distribute the tourist offer, mainly via the internet
TO CO-ORDINATE THE SOCIO-PROFESSIONALS AND ALL THOSE INVOLVEDIN LOCAL TOURISM
- Business intermediary for tourism professionals by regularly directing clients to them
- Unite and support the professionals around a regional identity
TO PROMOTE AND ADD VALUE TO THE OUR REGION'S/DESTINATION'S ASSETS
- Ensure that regional/destination tourism is promoted on the internet, at shows, at press events (in partnership with the ADT, Agency for Touristic Development)
- Add value to the destination and the regional offer with the publication of brochures, newsletters, pamphlets
- Develop strategies on social media
- Track the e-reputation of the destination
TO MARKET THE DESTINATION
- Offer a programme of guided tours
- Develop a shop to promote local produce
- Manage ticket sales for visitors and the local population
- Provide an easily-accessible welcome area and information area.
- Facilitate your requests.
- Offer you seating.
- Provide you with free information on the local tourist offer.
- Provide free wifi access.
- Display and publish our opening hours in at least two foreign languages.
- Be open on at least 240 days per year, including Saturdays and Sundays during high season or events.
- Respond to your letters all-year round.
- Guarantee a permanent welcome service with staff who speak at least two foreign languages.
- Guarantee a supply of printed tourist maps, plans and guides.
- Give you access to its trilingual website.
- Disseminate tourist information, as a paper copy as well, translated into at least two foreign languages, regarding:
* all graded tourist accommodation, including the name of the establishment, postal address, email address, website, telephone numbers and the grading;
*monuments and tourist, cultural, natural or recreational sites, which may include the tariffs, opening hours, website, telephone number and postal address;
* events and shows;
* emergency telephone numbers.
- Update tourist information annually.
- Display emergency telephone numbers outside the office.
- Present all the available offer within its area of intervention to all customers.
- Deal with your claims and measure your satisfaction.
- Respect a quality approach.
- Provide you with a holiday adviser, if required.
- Guarantee the information regarding the local touristic offer is reliable and up-to-date.