An oasis in Minervois
The sun shines on the Minervois and its vines for a good part of the year, making vistors and winemakers in this southern region happy. A refreshing break can become a luxury when the temperature rises above 30 degrees. After a walk discovering the local heritage (Minerve, Homps, Maison des Vins) or a pleasant bike ride along the Canal du Midi, what could be better than a dip in the water?
On 110 hectares, the lake has views of pine forests and hills, and you can swim in peace and quiet. Its grass and pebble beaches, under the shade of the pines, are monitored and are perfect for a spot of rest and relaxation.
- Swimming is monitored in July and August, allowing you to really enjoy this safe, peaceful spot
- Children can have fun on the inflatables in the water (in high season) and can unwind of the pontoons before diving into the refreshing water (please note, there is a shower and toilet)
- Relaxing and lazing around on the grassy beach with shady spots and gravel (appropriate footwear is recommended for accessing the water)
- The lake can be a perfect place for a spot of lunch, with a barbecue and picnic area provided
- Those who are keen on fishing can enjoy this calm setting with superb views of the Minervois and hills (link to the fishing federation)
- The more athletic can go for a 5 km walk or jog around the lake in a wonderful setting
Please note, there is a shower and toilet.
- Free parking
- Activities available at the Club Nautique de Jouarres: mooring, sailing school, rental of boats, boards, pedalo and canoes
The lakeside restaurant
When you arrive at the Lac de Jouarres, climb the stairs which lead to the roof for a panoramic view of the site.
On the ground floor, the restaurant serves traditional dishes and grills, with a superb view of the lake
Beau site ! Très bel endroit ! Calme, propre, abrité du soleil par de la végétation, un très beau lac, que demander de plus ? Des amis habitant la région, nous ont fait découvrir ce petit coin de paradis. Très sympa ! En famille, ce doit être un régal...
- Dogs are not permitted in the swimming area
- Lake open to the public all year round (groups and special authorisations: contact smaj)
- Groups or special authorisations: contact the Syndicat Mixte d’Aménagement de Jouarres on +33 (0)4 68 91 18 98
How to get there
GPS co-ordinates GPS
lat. 43° 16' 31" - long. 2° 42' 33"
Car: Can be reached from Homps, Pépieux, and Olonzac via the D610 from Carcassonne