Piano notes in Cabardès
The Cabardièses festival in Pennautier is the place to be for music lovers and those who appreciate classical music in Greater Carcassonne. This international festival of classical music, which is one of the main classical events in the Region, celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2019. Every year, from late July to early August, the festival stages very high-quality concerts. entry is either free or very reasonably priced. One of the particularities of this highlight is the different venues, according to the year, which allow the audience to also explore the rich terroir of the Cabardès. Each year, there are concerts in wine producing estates and also in the beautiful Na Loba theatre in Pennautier.
The Cabardièses festival is...
- The place to be for music lovers and those who love the piano in Greater Carcassonne and further afield
- Each year, the festival stages a perfect mix of young talents and internationally recognised virtuosi, thanks to, among other things, the artistic director, Françoise Choveaux
- The Cabardièses create the link between the communes in Cabardès, involving estates and villages such as Aragon and Ventenac, and the prestigious château de Pennautier
- A cultural event which also highlights wines from the young AOP du Cabardès, wines between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean
- This musical event is the result of work by local men and women, business leaders and the commune of Pennautier within the association the Amis des Cabardièses
Each summer in Cabardès, the Cabardièses audience has the opportunity to listen to pianists from all over the world. Over five gentle evenings, full of musical surprises, the organisers offer music lovers the chance to discover talents from Japan, Brazil, Latvia and elsewhere, like last year's event. Each year, there are young pianists who have been feted in top competitions, such as the prestigious Monte Carlo Piano Masters.